Dermal fillers are temporary skin fillers used to treat lines and folds. The filler appears as a crystal clear gel and contains Hyaluronic Acid, a substance which your body naturally produces. Injection is made underneath the skin at various depths, depending on the severity of the line or fold being treated. The gel is then injected in tiny amounts. This instantly lifts and plumps the lines and folds giving a more smooth and youthful appearance. Not only is it useful for lines and folds and adding lost volume through facial contouring, it can also be used for lip definition and enhancement. Results are instant and last between 6 and 12 months depending on the area treated and individual lifestyle factors. Examples of common areas treated include:
- Nose to mouth lines (Nasolabial folds)
- Peri-Oral lines (smokers lines)
- Lower lip to chin area – Marionettes (jowls)
- Replacing lost facial volume by contouring to cheek area
- Lip enhancement and definition
- Replacing lost hydration to hands, chest, neck and face
The Juvederm® range of fillers used are made with specially formulated (HA) hyaluronic acid that occurs naturally in your skin and is temporary and biodegradeable. The Juvederm rangel contains anaesthetic for your added comfort.